Dedicated, professional and driven designer with diverse skills
- Five years of mobile user experience design while designing two published apps from the ground up
- Designed the entire user experience for hands-on interactive science museum exhibits for ten years
- Detailed, organized, and experienced in human-centered design methods
- Creates user friendly design solutions to address complex usability problems
- Effectively communicates design ideas persuasively and concisely to broad based teams
Focused on users from end-to-end
The user’s point of view is always central in my work and I explore many paths in order to find the best solution. I advocate for better customer experiences that meet the users' needs and exceeds their expectations. I create and communicate end-to-end scenarios while taking projects from research to napkin sketches to final working products.
Diverse background title
Designing hands-on interactive exhibits for a science museum started my UX career. The skills and principles from that experience led to a deep interest in creating user friendly software. Courses in design thinking and human centered design have been added to formal training in architecture and graphic design, making me an extremely flexible and versatile designer.
Blame it on rock and roll
As a kid my interest in design was sparked by painstakingly recreating rock band logos with a ruler, no. 2 pencils, and crayons. This evolved into a design career spanning mobile apps, interactive exhibits, graphics and architecture. I still break out the crayons from time to time.